Website Harbour Air
Do you enjoy working with a close team of supportive professionals? Do you want to commit to an organization with an
outstanding record for safety and reliability? Are you searching for an employer who provides amazing perks and works
hard to provide a work-life balance for their employees? If so, look no further!!
The Harbour Air Group is seeking an experienced, safety and service-oriented seaplane pilot to fly DHC-3T & DHC-2
aircraft based in Vancouver, flying scheduled and charter flights in the Southern British Columbia Coastal Regions.
WORK HOURS: Maximum 16 duty days in a 28-period schedule. 78 hours bi-weekly guaranteed. Shifts will vary
based on operational needs.
TERM: Full Time Temporary
DEPARTMENT: Flight Operations
COMPENSATION: Beaver pay scale will range from $35.93 – 38.72$ per hour, (estimated yearly salary Level 1
$93,000.00 to Level 3 $102,700.00)
Otter pay scale range $43.93- $61.44 (estimated yearly salary $112,000.00 Level 1 to
$151,000.00 Level 10)
Qualified candidates will be placed within the range based on industry experience. Additional
premiums offered for training pilots.
BENEFITS: Extended health & dental care, RRSP matching, revenue share, comprehensive retention
rewards, flight perks (including jumpseat, buddy passes and global inter-airline partnerships),
discounts at local restaurants and partner organizations, staff events and much more!
Responsibilities and Expectations
• Liaising with DOC, CSA’s and dispatch to gather information about the route, weather, passenger loads
• Working out a flight plan, including the route, flying altitude, weather and NOTAMS
• Managing weight and balance of aircraft for each flight
• Supervising the loading and fueling of the aircraft
• Carrying out pre-flight checks on all aircraft
• Communicating with air traffic control/dispatch through all phases of flight
• Liaising with CSA’s, DOC, and dispatch in flight coordination
• Liaising with Maintenance and Records regarding aircraft maintenance, record keeping and logbooks
• Making regular checks on the aircraft’s technical performance, position, weather conditions and air
traffic during flight
• Communicating with passengers regarding safety procedures
• Using Aerostudies for exams, reading Memo’s and reference library
• Maintaining safety standards in compliance with Harbour Air’s Safety Management System including
online safety occurrence reporting
• Safety First – An individual and team-oriented commitment to safety
• Minimum DHC-3T requirements 1000 hours PIC fixed wing 750 hours Float
• Minimum DHC-2 requirements 500 hours PIC floatplane
• Transport Canada Commercial Pilot’s License
• Current Class 1 Medical
• Exceptional customer service orientation – the willingness to take service to a higher level
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast paced team environment
• Preference will be given to pilots with DHC-3T & DHC-2 aircraft and coastal experience
JOB PROFILE – Your Flight Path to Success
ABOUT HARBOUR AIR GROUP
• Launched in 1982, Harbour Air is North America’s largest seaplane airline. With around 500 employees,
it flies more than half a million passengers annually both within BC and to/from Seattle, USA.
• Our people are the backbone of our organization, and we are committed to creating a culture that inspires
one another to achieve extraordinary success. We have regularly been honored as the recipient of
numerous awards including BC’s Top 55 Employers, and Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
APPLY NOW: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting 23-78 DHC-3T & DHC-2 Pilot
DEADLINE: Open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Harbour Air is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and value a diverse workforce.
Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our
employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and communities we serve.
Harbour Air is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Accommodations in
relation to the job selection process are available upon request. If you require any accommodation, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs
To apply for this job please visit harbourair.com.