You are currently viewing SIAEC incorporates engine overhaul joint venture with GE

SIAEC incorporates engine overhaul joint venture with GE

  • Post category:News

SIA Engineering and GE Aviation have incorporated their engine overhaul joint venture which will provide MRO services for the GE90 and GE9X engines.

This comes about two years after the pari inked an agreement with the intention to set the joint venture up. Plans to form the joint venture were first announced in 2017’s Paris air show.

Called GE Aviation, Overhaul Services, the company will see 51% shareholding held by GE, with SIAEC taking the remaining 49%. SIAEC adds in a stock exchange disclosure that the issued share capital is at $10,000, comprising 100 ordinary shares.

“This joint venture company will commence operations in a newly developed state-of-the-art facility which adopts the GE Aviation Performance System. This system combines advanced technologies and lean practices with digitisation and data analytics to enhance productivity,” the company adds.

SIAEC will now have 26 joint ventures across eight countries, in areas such as engine overhaul, component maintenance, as well as airframe MRO.